So this year my wonderful mother helped me put a garden in our backyard. I was a little weary at first but then I decided what do I have to lose? I might as well give it a try. When we first moved in our backyard was quite a mess (to say the least) so we had to do some serious weed demolition! Once we did that we were able to till it, put in some lovely new soil, and then get to planting! I planted tomatoes, corn, peppers, jalapeƱos for my husband because I don't like them, zucchini, squash, beans, and cantaloupe. I just couldn't wait for some pretty green leaves to start growing, but it seems like it takes forever for the plants to get there! Week after week we watched our lovely little garden grow and grow. I don't have any pictures from when I first planted but here are some pictures from just a couple days ago.
Unfortunately, not all my plants made it, but no one (or plant) is perfect...right? My tomatoes got some sort of weird virus or disease and both of the cantaloupe seeds didn't ever come up, but other than that everything has done wonderfully! It's been so fun to watch our little garden.
James always says I have a little bit of a green thumb because I love flowers, green things, and working outside in the yard. Hopefully our garden will continue to be a fun summer tradition in the coming years!

Your garden looks great! I wish I could have a garden!
ReplyDeleteIt's so green and luscious!! Much better looking than the old dirt piles, and I'm sure a lot tastier too :)
ReplyDelete