Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Time to Get Going!!!

OK. It's time to get more serious about blogging. We were so gung-ho about it and then we let it die. We also lost our camera in all the confusion of the wedding, but we've got our hands on another. Since we last posted we've started and finished a semester of school. Superhero and I both got into the school programs we wanted and have moved to a fantastic neighborhood. We love our ward and have recently been called as Cub Scout Bear Den Leaders. We are loving it! It's so fun to work with the boys although sometimes they can be a handful.

Now that we have a camera and some free time we're going to try to keep you updated on our life a little better. First if all, I do have to take pride in myself for just a bit because I have only bought one loaf of bread in the 4 months that we've been married. I've made it from scratch the rest of the time. I also remind my Superhero that he is a spoiled boy because of it. Here are some pictures my fantastic hubby caught of me trying to get the perfect loaf.



Yesterday we had a lot of fun doing a project around the house. We have a large blank wall that we had no idea what to do with as far as decorations go. We needed a cheap way to add color to the room and brighten it up. We made some wood frames and then covered them with upholstery fabric. Of course we ran into some obstacles (they always seem to occur when doing projects), but in the end we loved how it turned out. It's still a slow process to decorate the rest of the room, but we'll keep you posted on the progress.

Before

The Process

How we attached the fabric

After

After (close up)


Yesterday we also cooked a fun Asian meal. I was in no mood to cook anything but my Superhero stepped up and decided to make sweet and sour chicken. However, when he starts cooking a meal, he goes all-out. He ended up breading the chicken and frying it. As well as make the sauce from scratch! I was so proud of him. We also had Asian rice and stir-fry vegetables.  It was delicious!!! We always have so much fun cooking in the kitchen together. Here's a picture of our tasty meal.


Last of all, yesterday we also watched Part 1 of the 7th Harry Potter movie. It is definitely a little creepy, but intense. We can't wait for Part 2 to come out. We'll have to save up some money so we can go to the real theater and see it so we don't have to wait for it to come to the dollar theater 4 months later :)

(This post is by Princess, not Superhero. I was logged in under the wrong name.)

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud that you finally got a new post up! :) I was actually going to suggest that you put up some panels covered in fabric, but it looks like you don't need my help for ideas after all

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete