Thursday, June 16, 2011

Living the sweet life!

That's right, the sweet life! Although we don't have the best habits when it comes to taking pictures. Luckily, this blog has helped us to make sure and keep our camera on us at all times - now if we can just start using it too :) It seems like the most convenient time when we always remember our blog and to take pictures is on Sundays - which happens to be cooking days for us. So here's a little look into our sweet life!

We tried a new recipe for pork chops using a pineapple glaze. It could of used a little more flavor or something, but over all it tasted pretty good. Here's a picture of me that my Princess snapped while I was making pineapple chunks.

(paris apron courtesy of my Mother-in-law who brought it home from her trip to Paris - thanks Mom)!

A little while ago we had some neighbors move in next door and so we took a loaf of my Princess's wonderful home-made bread to give them a neighborhood welcome. As we gave the mother of the family the loaf she looked at me and said something about how lucky I am.  I totally agree! My wife's bread is the best and I am definitely one spoiled boy (as she likes to tell me). So the same Sunday we made this dinner she made rolls and we saved some of the extra dough to make cinnamon rolls - a first for us both!

We rolled out the dough so it was flat and then followed an online recipe to make the cinnamon concoction that goes on the inside. I had the fun job of spreading it around. You can tell it's after we've eaten because I don't have my apron on anymore...and that looks like one of the ties from our wedding - Good thing I didn't spill!

My Princess took care of rolling up the dough, and she did a great job.


I had to snap a picture of her beautiful smile -


see why my life is so sweet! 

The next step was cutting out the cinnamon rolls with some floss, and trust me, it is no easy task. However, My Princess makes it look like a piece of cake...or cinnamon roll.


Now we just lined them up in the platter, pop them in the oven and....

 

Voila! The finished product.


 And yes, they were delicious. Although the dough didn't quite puff up the same as actual cinnamon bun dough, but it was good enough for this saving-for-college couple. 

Ok, ok, so even though this whole post has involved cooking, the real reason I live such a sweet life, as the title indicates, is because I get to live it with my sweetheart...although I do like her sweet buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment